Thursday, October 16, 2008

Memorizing Scripture

I wage war with my lazy self about memorizing Scripture. I don’t think any Christian would say they shouldn’t do it, but I know of very few who do.

Here is an outline of 1 Corinthians 1:1 as I study to memorize the book of 1 Cor.

1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

Paul, (small or little) - 1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Called, Kletos – divinely selected and appointed, invited to a banquet

To be an apostle, apostolos – one sent forth with orders, messenger, he that is sent. Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Of, - cause, source, means, author

Jesus, Jehovah is salvation, savior of man, God incarnate

Christ, Chosen, anointed by God

Through, channel (by) means, by reason of, because of

The will, - What one wishes or has determined shall be done, commands, precepts

Of God,

and Sosthenes, (Savior of his nation)

our brother, adelphos – womb (brother)

No comments: