Monday, November 10, 2008

A Study in the Art of Hind End Discovery

I have no muse lately. No motivation to write the nothing I have to write... I haven't even produced a church newsletter in the last 2 months - call it writers block maybe? It's more than that- maybe it's a shift. I have thought about shutting the blog down. An internet fast even. Charter bill just went up 10$ a month. Do I need internet in a pastor's study? How did Spurgeon get on without Sermon Audio, and Fox news?

But you came to this site to get something. Why do you come? For Bible, Humor? I used to go to one guy's site just to see a train wreck in blogtion.
Doug Wilson seems to say things I wish I would have said and wish I could have said. I seriously looked into moving out there at one time.

" The Republican Party is corrupt. The Democratic Party is corrupt. And so why not go with the third party option, as with the Constitution Party? The problem is that there is no such thing as the Constitution Party. The Constitution Party today is split, splintered and fractured over issues like the participation of Mormons, and even some wavering on the life issue in at least one state organization. The basic problem is individualism and a resultant political sectarianism playing out in the civil realm. We cannot get anything right in the political sphere until we get it right in the Church first. When we get it right in the Church, other areas will follow. (emphasis mine) When Christians are worshipping God rightly, in spirit and in truth, we will then be in a position to reform an existing party, or establish a new one. Until then, we will continue to have trouble locating our own rear end, even if allowed to use both hands."
1Pe 4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

No comments: